- Direct dealings with the client: Direct interaction with the client is possible through the onsite center. So no possibility of communication gap. Also the service provider gets a better picture of the client’s needs.
- 24/7 productivity: Round the clock continuous work cycle becomes possible by making the best possible use of the time-zone difference.
- Access to the most excellent resources: Client can have access to the best technology, skilled manpower and equipment possible made available to them by the offshore development center.
- Great cost benefits: Cost savings resulting from majority of the work being outsourced to the offshore development center where the resources are comparatively cheaper.
- Best possible management of resources: Usage efficiency of resources is highest with this model.
The management and administration costs involved in maintaining both the centers may inhibit many service providers from going for the onsite/offshore model. Also cultural differences between the onsite team and offsite team need to be managed effectively to get better results.